- Chevrolet plant wood becomes Detroit-made guitars
- GM Korea, union reach tentative wage deal
- No thanks, Ford says to 9-speed offered by GM
- Cadillac boss ousted as GM looks to speed brand revival
- Got to respect the Guy, Integrity, Outspoken………remember GM gives Huge Discounts on Caddys, suggesting that is the dumbest idea since the ‘Cimarron
Wyoming GM workers pose for final portrait
for final portrait
Peter Ross Matt Campbell
General metal stamping plant employed 3,500
people. Today, 1/100th of that number work there.
They have a week left before the plant finally closes
for good. Production ended a year ago.
Since then, the remaining workers have
disassembled huge machines and shipped them to
other plants, a demoralizing process, the workers
On Wednesday, the final 35 posed outside the plant
sign on 36th Street. On Thursday, the sign comes
"Sad day…sad day," says GM employee Shy Lake.
"The people here were incredible and the workforce
was amazing," says fellow employee Marty
Green. "We were number one in so many different
Opened in 1935 and sprawling over 92 acres, the
plant produced weapons during World War II. Now
its 2.5 million square feet are empty.
leaders hope to use federal funds to make the huge
space attractive for other industrial users.
Zone at Large – 1st
Zone at Large – 2nd
Sgt. at Arms
David C Spare
E-Board at Large (2)
GM Unit Chair
Leadec Unit Chair
Ryder Unit Chair
AFV Unit Chair